What is REVS?
Buying a used car can be tricky business.
revs.com.au was created to help Australian used car buyers do the right checks on cars they intend on purchasing.
Did you know that if you buy a used car with money owing to a financier from a previous owner, it could be repossessed?
It’s true, if you don’t check for financial encumbrances (REVS check) you could end up losing the car you have just purchased.
Before purchasing a used vehicle you should always do a REVS check to see if there is any money owing on the vehicle you are buying.
Just enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) into the search box on this page and we will direct you to the most comprehensive REVS checks and vehicle history checks in Australia.
Tips for buying a used car in Australia
Looking over the used car and having a mechanical inspection performed are necessary steps. However there are some very important things that can still remain a mystery.
- Is the car really the one it is supposed to be, and does the VIN, engine and registration number match up?
- Has it been reported stolen or ever written-off?
- Is there clear title on the vehicle?
- Has the odometer been rolled back?
- When the car was first sold, the postcode of first sale and for what purpose it was purchased (taxi, rental car, etc)?